When We Are Closed
If you need to see a doctor in an emergency, when the surgery is closed, you should dial 111. The NHS 111 service is free of charge to landlines and mobiles
If you need urgent medical attention that cannot wait until the surgery is open you will be put through to the GP Out of Hours Service.
Royal South Hants Minor Injuries Unit
Royal South Hants Hospital
Level B, Brintons Terrace
Telephone: 0333 999 7613
Accessing the MIU
Patients do not need to make an appointment, just turn up during opening hours.
Monday-Friday 7.30am-10.00pm, weekends and Bank Holidays 8.00am-10.00pm (last patient accepted at 9.30pm). Patients are treated in order of priority rather than order of attendance.
You should head for the Minor Injury Unit for physical injuries such as cuts, grazes, sprains and small fractures; you won’t need an appointment and more often than not you may be treated quicker that going to an Emergency department.
- X-ray service is available 9am-10pm for any patient aged 12 or over.
- Pregnancy testing available to women under 16 years.
- Chlamydia testing packs
- Emergency contraception and condoms are given out.
- Staff provide assessment and treatment of minor fractures and minors injuries.
- Provisions for wound care.
Only call 999 in an emergency. Sudden severe chest pain and / or severe shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
Click HERE for the Royal South Hants website